WHY REDBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL ACADEMY?
‘Red’ is the colour of ‘Passion’ and ‘Bridge’ symbolizes ‘Learning’. Redbridge will therefore be a place where the Teacher and the Taught develop a ‘Passion for Learning’!
We at Redbridge aim to achieve the true goal of education by imparting knowledge and inspiring character. We are prudent, yet steadfast in our approach with an unwavering belief in facilitating change through education, knowing that true education begins with listening to and understanding the child. With us, you can be rest assured that your child's future is in very safe hands.
Redbridge International Academy is truly an international school in every sense. Located in the IT capital Bangalore, with beautiful weather conditions throughout the year, the school has world-class amenities for all round development of students.
Redbridge International Academy has taken education to an all new level. Redbridge adheres to international norms of education and promises to provide quality education and all round development to its students. In this academy, a world class setting along with various innovative teaching methodologies gives its students ample scope for scientific thinking and a visionary outlook.
Redbridge International Academy is a co-educational Day cum Boarding school in Bengaluru.
- Individual Attention
- A Haven for Creativity
- Interdisciplinary Approach
- Expansive Green Campus
- Technologically Equipped
- Qualified & Trained Teachers
- Integrated Sports Curriculum
- Rooted in Values
BOARD OF EDUCATION
OUR COURSE WORK BLENDS INSTRUCTION WITH ACTIVITY:
- Interactive Smart boards that make classes exciting.
- Relevant certification from national, international and contemporary academic and co-curricular accrediting bodies - ICSE, CIE & IB.
- A curriculum that remains contemporary through close monitoring of global academic change.
- Intensive coaching in ‘Mind sports’ like Chess, Scrabble, Sudoku and Crossword.
- Emphasis on foreign language training by professional teachers.
- Encouraging the humanities - especially Music, Art, Craft and History.
- Teacher aligned training.
- Intensive coaching in sports and games.
INQUIRY BASED LEARNING
Traditionally the teaching learning process involves the direct transfer of knowledge from the teacher to the taught. In such a scenario the student is a passive learner and the teacher’s role is to only impart knowledge.
In the 21st Century, students are more engaged learners and the role of teachers has been redefined as facilitators; engaging students to become ‘Critical Thinkers’.
At Redbridge International Academy, we believe that every child is an 'Inquirer'. Given an opportunity, a student has the ability to think, learn, synthesise and apply the concept on his own. Based on this philosophy, our curriculum is mapped on Inquiry Based Learning or IBL.
In traditional teaching various subjects are taught separately. Subject Centered curriculum as it is referred to, prevents students from understanding the wider context of what they are learning. An individual learner never appreciates the importance of subjects and how one subject impacts the other.
At RBIA, we follow an Interdisciplinary approach wherein we create connections between traditionally discrete disciplines such as Mathematics, General Sciences, Social Studies, Languages and Arts. This pedagogical practice encourages creative thinking and lifelong learning.
Diversified Instruction is a philosophy of education that provides appropriate opportunities for growth and success. Educational research supports the notion that "one size does not fit all" when it comes to presenting lessons to our students and even when assessing our students.
Redbridge International Academy will do everything it can to ensure that "all students achieve their dreams". While the goal for achieving expected standards is constant, the route to that goal may vary according to a student’s need.
Differentiated Instruction demands:
- Having a vision of success for each of our students
- Providing a variety of assignments within units of instruction, realizing that students do not all learn in the same way.
- Recognizing the variance in learning styles of our students.
- Allowing students to choose, with teacher direction, the route to their learning.
- Providing opportunities for students to demonstrate proficiency in an area they already know and allowing them to move forward.
- Offering tiered lessons, of varying degrees of difficulty, dealing with similar content and a
- Qualitative approach.