IGCSE School in Bangalore
RBIA, one of the leading IGCSE schools in bangalore follows Cambridge IGCSE which is the world's most popular international qualification. The course is transacted in the 9th and 10th Grades. It is recognized by leading universities and employers worldwide, and is an international passport to progression and success. Developed over 25 years ago, it is tried, tested and trusted by schools worldwide.
Redbridge International Academy, IGCSE school in Bangalore offers for our Grade 9 and 10 students, the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) provided by University of Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). The two-year IGCSE school programme is the world's most popular international qualification for 14-16 year olds. It develops students' skills in creative thinking, enquiry and problem solving, giving them excellent preparation for their next steps in education, progression to the IB Diploma, and equips them with skills for immediate employment.
About IGCSE Programme
● The IGCSE is an internationally recognized qualification that is designed to be taught as a two year course in Classes 9 & 10 typically for students aged 14 to 17 years.
● A student who has done his/her early schooling from any other board can join the IGCSE programme at the commencement of Class 9.
● The IGCSE examination is conducted at the end of Class 10, similar to the Class 10 examination of the CBSE and ICSE or the Middle Year Programme (MYP) of the International
● The final examination is offered each year in May and November and from March 2015 a March Examination will be offered.
Recognition of IGCSE Certification
● The IGCSE certification provides a foundation for higher level courses like the A and AS levels, the IB diploma programme, advanced placement diploma (USA) and the CBSE and
ISC (12) courses in India.
● It is recognized by academic institutions and employers around the world including UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admission Service - UK) and the Association of Indian
Universities (AIU) as being on par with the CBSE and ICSE (10) courses.
Affiliation & Assessment of IGCSE Examinations
● IGCSE assessment is conducted by two UK assessment bodies – EDEXCEL (also known as London Examinations) and CAMBRIDGE INTERNATIONAL EXAMINATONS (CIE)
● IGCSE’s are assessed entirely externally which means that even if a school does not have coursework specialists in a particular subject they could still offer the subject to its students
Subjects & the IGCSE Curriculum
● There currently is a choice of over 70 IGCSE subject qualifications available ranging from English, 2nd languages, humanities, sciences, mathematics, computer studies and
computer science, accounting, business studies, drama, art, music, physical education, etc.
● Performance in subjects are graded from A* to G. A* being the highest grade and G the lowest. There are eight possible grades A*, A, B, C, D, E, F and G.
● Most subjects offer a curriculum choice of FOUNDATION or HIGHER (Edexcel) and CORE or EXTENDED (CIE).
● The FOUNDATION or CORE curriculum offers an overview of the subject and is suitable for students who are expected to achieve a grade C to G while the HIGHER or EXTENDED
curriculum is more challenging and designed for students who are expected to achieve grades A* to C.
● Grades achieved through either route has the same value.
● The course differs for each subject but throughout the programme there will be a mix of assessment methods which includes course work, practical exercises, oral and listening
tests, projects and finally the written examination.
● The course requires the study of subjects from five different subject groups.
● Students must enter and sit for at least seven subjects. Two from Group 1 and at least one subject from each of the remaining Groups 2 to 5.
Admissions Open for A LEVEL 2016-17
● Cambridge Advanced [ AS & A LEVELS ] is typically for learners aged 16 to 19 years who need advanced study to prepare for university and higher education. Cambridge
International A Level is typically a two-year course. Thousands of learners use Cambridge International AS & A Level every year to gain places at leading universities
worldwide. Students develop a deep understanding of subjects, as well as independent learning and constructive thinking skills – abilities which universities value highly.
This mingled with evidence based teaching and learning practices at Redbridge makes it one of the most desirable courses Cambridge International AS & A Level
curricula are flexible. Learners can specialise or study a range of subjects. This develops the learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
● in-depth subject content.
● Independent thinking , applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations.
● handling and evaluating different types of information source.
● thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments ,making judgments , recommendations and decisions .presenting reasoned explanations, understanding
implications and communicating them clearly and logically working and communicating in English. The syllabuses are international in outlook, but retain a local relevance.
They have been created specifically for an international student body with content to suit a wide variety of schools and avoid cultural bias. The basic criteria to enter into A
levels is a pass certificate from any stream [ STATE, CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE & IB ]
● For further information log on to http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and-qualifications/cambridge-advanced/cambridge-international-as-and-a-levels/
Why should one choose the IGCSE curriculum?
● IGCSE is one of the most sought after and recognized qualifications in the world. It develops and encourages vital skills including oral skills, investigative skills, problem solving skills,
team work and initiative.
● It is recognized by Universities and colleges everywhere, more so in the UK and other Commonwealth countries.
● The IGCSE curriculum lends an international perspective to studies and most importantly caters to students of different abilities and interests.
● Students opting for the IGCSE course can take advantage of the CAMBRIDGE CHECK POINT, a diagnostic service which assesses student’s strengths and weaknesses in key
curriculum areas thus giving him/her the flexibility to make better choices of subjects and the level of study in the subject that they finally wish to offer.